Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 51:27 — 41.7MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
This is a special episode of the California Frontier podcast. The shoe is on the other foot this time, and I am the one being interviewed. My host is Jordan Mattox, a California junior high school teacher who his passionate about California history. He has an excellent podcast, appropriately titled “History of California.” In this session we talk about the Mexican War for Independence, the legacy of Spain in California, colonial policy, and learning languages.
I hope you are going to enjoy this conversation . Afterward, head over to History of California Podcast on Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/jordanmattox-99235683) and subscribe.
Once again, I want to thank Jordan for giving me this opportunity. I really enjoyed talking with him!
- How did the California Frontier Project get its start?
- How were the two monarchies that ruled Spain different?
- The transition between Spanish control and the war for Latin American independence.
- How a French family came to rule Spain.
- The Enlightenment and how it influenced Spanish rule in Latin American.
- How Napoleon influenced the movements for Latin American independence.
- Why is it important to know about Spanish and Mexican California.
- Why everyone should learn Spanish and how to start.
Origins of Mexican Independence (Part 1)
Origins of Mexican Independence: Part 2 of a Series
Origins of Mexican Independence Part 3: Breaking Away